Wednesday, May 6, 2015

What the --------
I have no difficulty if Knicks owner James Dolan considers Isiah Thomas a friend. I have no issue if he utilizes Zeke’s basketball knowledge on an unofficial basis. I do have a problem with Dolan hiring a man the court found guilty of sexual harassment. A man who received $11.6 million based on the court judgment. Thomas has become part owner and president of the WNBA’s New York Liberty. Several years ago owner Dolan attempted to return Thomas to the Knicks in an advisory role. The Knick fan base rose in opposition to the reported hire. Most of the opposition was not based on the sexual harassment law suit but the terrible job Thomas performed while president and coach of the Knicks. Oh well another strange move by James Dolan.

Rush
Metro Kansas City basketball fans are familiar with the Rush name. The oldest brother Jaron along with his brother Kareem led Pembroke School to multiple state championships. After graduation the 6-6 205 pound Jaron would attend UCLA but leave early declaring for the NBA draft. Although talented every NBA team passed on Jaron in the 2000 draft. Jaron would toil in the D-League however personal problems would derail his pro career. Jaron eventually returned to Kansas City never rising to the level many believed. His younger brother Kareem a 6-5 200 pound guard enrolled at Mizzou where he remained through his junior year. Kareem was the 20th pick in the 2002 by the Raptors but his rights were traded to the Lakers. Kareem would go to play for the Lakers and several other NBA teams before retiring in 2014. 

The youngest of the three Brandon played at Westport High School and Mount Zion Christian Academy. He enrolled at Kansas where he too remained through his junior season. 6-6 225 pound Brandon was the 13th pick in the first round of the 2008 NBA draft by the Blazers. Like his older brother his draft rights were traded to the Pacers. He’s played for two other NBA teams but is now on the roster of the Warriors. Now the first of the off-spring of the brothers is Shea the son of the eldest brother Jaron. Shea plays at Barstow a prep school in Kansas City. The son has similar build to that of his dad at 6-6 and 200 pound. The younger Rush was a key member of his Barstow team winning the 2015 Missouri State 3A Championship.

I guess I’m a hater
Often it’s difficult to admit a negative about you; I’ve come to that conclusion. I hate the Clippers, I hate the Yankees and I hate Jeff Van Gundy. Allow me to clarify hate is a strong word lets just say I strongly dislike. The Clippers and their Lob City proclamation a team that’s failed to win anything. They have never played for an NBA Championship in fact they have never played for a Western Division Championship. Hey Clippers win something and shut me up. The Yankees are not a championship team now but once upon a time.

The Yankees back in the day would beat my Royals like a drum especially in the
post-season. As for Van Gundy after the Thunder hired Billy Donovan Van Gundy’s name surfaced once again. Someone (don’t remember who) said; “Van Gundy’s still out there but he doesn’t want to leave television broadcasts.” Makes sense to me Van Gundy hasn’t coached since the Rockets fired him in 2007. He should remain in place annoying me and others who believe his basketball knowledge is overrated. If you are one who appreciates Van Gundy so be it.

Okay but what you say?
I attempt to write Words in common usage words, I have actually changed words thinking “that might sound too uppity.” The John Calipari sentence came across the bottom portion of my television screen and I thought what? The first portion of his sentence was easy, “If you ask me if I’m ever going to platoon again the answer is NO

Caliplari wrote on CoachCal.com. “Last season was an absolute outlier.” I hope you are familiar with outlier because I certainly wasn’t. Dictionary.com contains five definitions for the word outlier. I believe Coach Cal is using; “Someone who stands apart from other of his or her group, as by differing behavior, beliefs, or religious practices.” Come on coach say what you mean to clear up possible confusion.

Give ‘em credit
Reading the above you realize I’m no fan of the Clippers. With that said allow me to congratulate them. No Chris Paul, playing on the road they performed a beat-down on the Rockets. As for the Rockets perhaps many of them believed “No Chris Paul” we can mail this one in.” The Rockets discovered regardless who is on the floor you must play 48 minutes of basketball Final score Clippers 117 Rockets 101. As for the evenings other action do you continue to question Kevin Love’s value to the Cavs?

Mike Miller’s 110 years old he can’t replace Love offensively or defensively. If you checked the final score (99-92) you might be led to believe the game was close it wasn’t. The Bulls are deep and with the return of Derrick Rose even better. At one point it seemed Pau Gasol hit 6 or 7 shots in a row. With this said I’m not calling either series yet for two reasons. The Clippers are not going very far with no Paul. Despite his rather average game LeBron will play better.