Wednesday, March 27, 2019


BASKETBALL FROM A FANS PERSPECTIVE
More coaching changes
After 8 seasons at the helm Arkansas fired Mike Anderson.  Anderson left Mizzou for Arkansas when there was a coaching vacancy, he’d been an assistant under Nolan Richardson at the school.   Nebraska fired Tim Miles after serving as head coach for 7 seasons with the Cornhusker program.  BYU coach Dave Rose announced his retirement from the Cougars after 14 years at the helm.  The coaching carousel continues as lots of names are discussed but nothing concrete as this is written. 
And they call me a hater
Is it Duke basketball, coach K., or Zion Williamson? On the way home yesterday afternoon our drive-time sports EXPERT was just hatin' on Zion Williamson. At the end of the rant his true feelings came out he wanted UCF to win the game. That's okay but why did he find it necessary to say, "I'm sick of Zion Williamson" his words not mine. A middle-age radio guy upset with an 18-year old because he's good at what he does?  I might remind you he also made some disparaging remarks about Trae Young while the point guard was at Oklahoma, totally pathetic by this guy.
They will contact you 
I like Jason Kidd as a player and a coach, I don’t like the fact he is under cutting Luke Walton.  I believe we all get it Jason you want an opportunity to coach again in the NBA; do you want the job so badly you are willing to undercut a fellow coach who is desperately hanging onto his position?  Don’t worry if the Lakers decide to hire you they will contact you, just my thoughts doesn’t make it correct.  
I didn’t see it (nor will I)
In 1985 former NFL quarterback Joe Theismann suffered a devastating leg injury.  A television audience plus those in the stadium witnessed the injury, from all descriptions it was something I never wanted to see.  Every time video was shown I changed channels vowing to never see it and then I was trapped in a movie theatre no less.  In 2009 we attended the evening show featuring the movie The Blindside, although my wife was unfamiliar with the story, I was aware although lacking detail, then BAM the Theismann injury was featured in the opening portion of the movie.
With no method of avoiding it I finally was forced to see the injury projected onto a movie screen, I don’t won’t to see a similar injury.  On Monday evening Blazers center Jusuf Nurkic must have sustained a “Theismann” injury, I can only surmise that based on the sports page description. Although the game was on NBA TV, I didn’t see it, wasn’t viewing it, Tuesday morning reports it appears somewhat devastating.  I’m not going to play doctor I can only hope Nurkic’s career is not over and he’s able to recover.  Please note from this point going forward I will treat video of this injury in the same manner I did with Joe Theismann.   
How tall?
Mizzou extended an offer to a power forward from Katy Texas in the Class of 2020.  With his senior year remaining this early in the process there is no guarantee Eddie Lampkin is headed to Mizzou.  I hope you find this next portion as interesting as I do.  One publication lists Lampkin as 6 foot 6, another says he’s 6-9 while still another claims he’s 6-11.  On these various sites his weight varies from 240 to 245 and one list him at 291 pounds.  This is not unusual or new to see a wide range of height and weight differences for a prospect be he high school, college or the NBA.  I guess the most important issue if he decides to choose Mizzou it’s hoped he can play.