A fan’s perspective
Monday, Wednesday, Friday & Sunday
After all a great number of the early sailing ships were referred to as clippers, from time to time clippers did sink just like the NBA team with the same name. As sure as I’m sitting here in my Man-Cave writing this Steve Ballmer and crew will appeal the NBA judgement which becomes the largest in the history of the league. The most recent “earthquake” involved, are you ready for this; the Clippers and former owner Donald Sterling. He was fired by the NBA over racist comments he made and banned for life. The Clippers were placed on the market and at that point Steve Ballmer purchased the team. From where I sit it’s difficult to truly determine an outcome after all I along with others were led to believe there was “more smoke than fire” a few weeks ago. If there are no changes check out the NBA draft, the Clippers will have their pick for the next two years. After that, a move into the desert for this team occurs for the next five years.
Once again I’m looking at the now with no idea what eventually occurs. Based on the hammer laid on the Clippers organization it’s possible there could be a monetary reduction, draft choices could be reinstated. Ballmer and company will not escape punishment completely. I wrote this yesterday and will repeat it, Adam Silver has been criticized by several in the media along with fans for his lack of leadership. If, for example, he is too lenient there are those who once again will refer to him being soft. NOTE: Yesterday I wrote Kawhi Leonard should have been suspended too. Technically that’s not possible if the NBA approves the trade, he is now a member of the Raptors, why should they be punished for events in which they were not party too.
As some are aware this was an area of concern and was solely lacking last season….shooting from deep. The headline reflects my confusion because reports had indicated previously Mizzou’s roster was complete. Yet in a matter of two days, the Tigers have added both Mitchell and Gunn. This team now appears loaded from top to bottom, which raises one question I cannot answer: How will Dennis Gates find enough playing time for such a deep roster? I’m sure happy I’m not walking in the shoes of the head coach.
Some of you might remember the history, in 2001 high school players could declare for the NBA draft and that’s exactly what Brown did, the Wizards made the 6-foot 11 290 pound Brown the top pick that year. His NBA career did not progress at the level most expected he became a journeyman player moving from team to team. Kwame left the NBA after the 2013 season however some like Smith wanted to attach derogatory names in front or behind his name. For a time a war of words ensued between Smith and Kwame, despite many of the negatives aimed at Kwame by Smith consider these facts. Over the course of his 12-year NBA career Kwame earned in the neighborhood of $63 million. He’s made investments from his Adidas contract and other ventures, in 2026 it’s reported his net worth is in the neighborhood of $4-5 million. Based on what I’ve read, I believe Kwame has used guidance from advisors—and perhaps lessons learned through his own business ventures—to expand his portfolio. Those decisions appear to have helped increase his net worth over the years. This story is recounted to you for the following reasons, no one unrelated to you can pass judgement on your life journey.
It’s just an opinion expressed by Smith but is non-valid in all aspects. From a monetary standpoint it would appear that although he experienced limited success in the NBA Kwame is far beyond what he might have dreamed as an 18-year old. No one but us can define our success or lack thereof including Stephen A. Smith, despite the position he believes he holds. In reading this a number might believe my focus is the monetary aspect earn by Kwame but it’s really much more.
The highly sought after Big Due chose Michigan State over a host of other schools with offers for his services. Taylor must now adapt his game to the collegiate level. My one hope, the coaching staff skips the lessons on 3-point shooting. As for the future I’ve grown weary of coaches talking to 7-footers on the virtues of shooting three’s, I know I’ve made this statement previously but it bears repeating. Athletes have continued to grow in stature and my question remains….is anyone teaching these giants specialized post play? In any event I plan on viewing as many Michigan State games as possible with a local talent on board.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.