Friday, June 9, 2017

Basketball from a fans perspective

Monday, Wednesday, and Friday---October through May published daily 

Game 3
We are in Cleveland, should we expect a different outcome from the first two games?  The Cavs faithful will be loudly yelling and screaming for their favorite team.  I must admit this is not a first-hand account I was unable to see the game only the highlights, final score Warriors 118 Cavs 113. This proved me wrong I'd picked the Cavs to win although I've gone on record indicating I believed the Warriors would win the series.   

I hear the negatives already; “Durant had to leave the Thunder to win a championship.”  I was shocked last year when Durant left OKC for the Warriors.  After witnessing LeBron leave Cleveland once how could I be super critical of the Durant move?  Could the Warriors have won Game 3 without a Durant in the lineup?  That’s certainly a possibility   

He remained home (or somewhere)
Lonzo Ball worked out for the Lakers on Wednesday.  Few details emerged from it however the chief news LaVar wasn’t present.  Should we speculate daddy might have believed it was in his son’s best interest he remains out of sight?  The second item of note Lonzo wore Adidas Harden Vol 1 brand rather than his dads BBB.  The $500 shoes might have been somewhere but they were not on the feet of Lonzo, it was later reported the ZO2 was not yet available.  

Calling him out
I'm always concerned with media members I disagree with, I believe writing about them or their statements I'm providing them space in Words eye view they don't deserve.  In any event here goes, I rarely watch/listen to Boomer & Carton on the CBSSports Network.  Unlike other sports talk programs this one appears to focus almost entirely on New York teams.  I certainly cannot be considered an expert since I watch so very little of the program.  The other day the big mouth Craig Carton was discussing the reported racial incident at the Los Angeles home of LeBron James.  

Carton hinted and Boomer agreed “He didn’t see pictures so he’s got doubts the incident might have occurred.”  I haven’t seen evidence of Bigfoot or a UFO however there are people who believe they exist. LeBron James appears to be someone who is well grounded in life, why is it necessary for him to create drama Craig Carton?  Perhaps you are trying to boost your ratings or you are just that dumb, you appear to be one of those individuals who deny there are racial issues in America which divide the nation.  Yes this is sport but it too can become a reflection of life.  

Josh Jackson + Paul George - Jordan Clarkson = ???
This is a combo account Eric, mine and NBCSports.com plus a Laker fan website.  Eric (one of the Kansas faithful) sent me a link with a Josh Jackson story.  The account asks the question “Is Josh Jackson a better prospect than Lonzo Ball.“  After reading the story I informed Eric my only concern with Jackson was his maturity.  Eric said; “I’d like the Lakers to draft him (Jackson) to piss off Daddy Ball,” we both had a laugh on that one.  Later I read the Lakers might entertain trading Mizzou guy Jordan Clarkson, this would be in an effort to clear cap space to possibly acquire Pacer forward Paul George.  George grew up in Palmdale (CA) about an hour drive NNE of Los Angeles so we could really see this would be a return home for him.  

Despite the positives George would bring to the Lakers I’m unsure if I want to trade young talent to acquire the 27-year old.  See I’m one of those Laker fans who are not all that thrilled with the prospect of George in the lineup.  George will not be a free agent until next season and if it plays out in this manner I’m okay.  George signs no renewal and walks.  The Lakers lose nothing in acquiring free agent Paul George.  Here is what is likely to occur first sometime between now and some point in the 2017-18 season the Pacers will trade George.  Will the Pacers trade George to the Lakers it’s certainly possible.  If it‘s Jackson over Ball and Clarkson traded to acquire George I‘m okay with the move.  I’m a Laker fan remember I bleed purple and gold.   

Game 4
Who wins the game tonight, your guess is as good as mine.  If you remember I predicted the Cavs would win on Wednesday.  Is all the life drained from the Cavs and the Warriors sense it? On the other hand the Cavs not wanting to be sweep could come out of the tunnel breathing fire. This will cost me no money only embarrassment if I'm wrong.  Prediction Warriors win sweeping the series 4-0.  NOTE:  I don't hate the Cavs or LeBron one of my best friends (hey Alex) is from Akron.