Saturday, June 2, 2018

Basketball from a fans perspective

Change once again
I’ve reached that point once again, to do or not.  Should I continue to publish Words eye view daily?  Beginning today I’m publishing daily once again, let’s see what happens over the next several weeks, enjoy.  

Officiating
I refrain from officiating arguments in basketball, the game is far too swift to decide is it a block or charge without benefit of replay.  You claim that it was unusual for the review at that time, are you an NBA officiating expert?  If you put the ball in the basket there is no worry or concern about the officiating.  What are we missing with all the complaining regarding the officiating? George Hill might have won the game if he'd hit the second free throw. J.R. Smith might have taken a shot after grabbing the rebound, instead he dribbles the ball out if only his brain had been turned on. Hush, the officials didn't lose the game the Cavs did.  LeBron cannot average 50 points as one cynic stated, he must get help from other teammates if this team expects to win an NBA Championship. 

Just when I thought 
You know my obsession with movies, remember the Al Pacino line in Godfather III?  “Just when I thought I was out…. they he pulls me back in.”  I took the liberty of adding myself into the classic movie line.  See I ignored the LaVar Ball comment on his relationship with Laker management.  I passed on Ball’s statement regarding the Laker’s trainer.  The latest story I cannot pass so here goes, some background first.  Several weeks back the elder Ball claimed there were no issues between he and Magic Johnson and Rob Pelinka.  More recently he made headlines again claiming son Lonzo missed significant portions of the season due to the Lakers trainer. 

With the draft upcoming the Lakers have invited several players in for workouts, among them LiAngelo Ball.  The middle son will undergo workout drills for other NBA teams however this is reported to be the latest statement by the father.  “If the Lakers don’t draft him (LiAngelo) Lonzo is going to play out his contract and leave the Lakers.”  Two points, we don’t know this statement to be factual however based on LaVar Ball’s track record it certainly doesn’t sound beyond possible.  From all indications it’s been mentioned previously NBA talent scouts believe LiAngelo is the least talented of the three brothers.  The draft in three weeks should be interesting in more than one way.   

What!
This is more Luka Doncic news, you know him the Slovenian youngster a possible lottery pick.  I posed the questions last week why the Suns shouldn’t draft him with DeAndre Ayton in “their” backyard.  The view espoused by this writer remains the same. 

This is a different scenario regarding Doncic, a writer for Laker Nation a fan website proposed this.  “Lakers draft Luka Doncic the headline might read,” sound strange allow a brief explanation.  A writer for Lakers Nation wrote of this possibility, “The Grizz with the 4th pick trade Doncic’s rights and Marc Gasol to the Lakers.  The Lakers would trade Josh Hart, Brook Lopez, Ivica Zubac, Luol Deng.  The 6-foot 8-inch Doncic would be placed in the Laker backcourt alongside point guard Lonzo Ball.”

 My initial reading this guy must have fallen out of bed and bumped his head.  After analyzing his theory, I thought that could possibly work, what do you think?  In other Laker news some stated, “The Lakers should have drafted Jayson Tatum rather than Lonzo Ball.” I admit regular season and into the playoffs Tatum certainly has played at a high skill level.  Tatum certainly would have aided Laker efforts however I believe there are parts of the game Ball has lacking in Tatum