Monday, December 24, 2018


BASKETBALL FROM A FANS PERSPECTIVE
I was wrong......but  
The Rockets announced they were signing Austin Rivers.  The move proves me wrong, once Rivers was released by the Suns, I thought for sure the Clippers and Doc Rivers would sign him.  I was proven wrong, much as I hate to admit it, I missed this one.  This move is going to be interesting in another manner.  Chris Paul and Austin Rivers are not exactly BFF’s, will they place their Clipper experience in the past.  All I can say is stay tuned for this rendezvous of former teammates.    
CORRECTION
Try as I might there are errors sometimes in Words eye view.  I'm not going to attempt to hide them as some newspapers do burying the correction on the last paragraph of the last page.  The story yesterday on the Nuggets Nikola Jokic required a correction.  The nation was correct however the region of the world was wrong.  It’s been changed, it read BALTIC STATES instead of the correct ADRIATIC STATES.  
The strange and unusual journey of
We don’t know for sure, Sixer GM Elton Brand says the club is unsure if Markelle Fultz returns before the end of the season.  Although I sometimes refer to myself as “Captain Speculation” I’m stepping aside on this one.  The Sixers likely have no more information than we do.  Here’s hoping he’s able to return to the team sooner rather than later. 
Addendum
I was curious, so I checked the numbers, last season with Michael Porter Jr. probably lost for the season the Tigers were 10-3 after the Braggin’ Rights Game.  This season without younger brother Jontay Porter playing fewer games they are 8-3 almost the same record.  Last season was the first under coach Cuonzo Martin, the year prior under the departed Kim Anderson they were 5-6 at this point in the season.  Good coaching plus talent makes for a more successful Mizzou team. 
Is it the college or the NBA?
He’s a rarity, one of those athletes with college or the NBA in his future.  His name is Jalen Lecque and he’s a 6-foot 4-inch combo guard at Brewster Academy in New Hampshire.  He’s in a unique situation, this Bronx native has already turned 18 and will turn 19 prior to the 2019 NBA draft.  In October 2018 Lecque committed to North Carolina State and it was believed that’s where he was headed. 
Last month came word Lecque might submit his name for the draft, as stated earlier he’s already 18 and is a 5th year senior.  In addition to his age his class graduated in 2017 so you can understand Lecque has quite a decision looming in front of him.  It’s hoped Lecque receives suitable advice from family and valid reports from NBA scouts.  The next 6 months should prove quite interesting, is he bound for North Carolina State or is the NBA in his future?